K-drama not streamed in your country? ***Best VPNs to watch Korean TV: NordVPN OR ExpressVPN

Saturday, April 8, 2023

Why I Like Korean Historical Period Drama During the Joseon Dynasty

My preference is for Korean historical period dramas. I get so attached to the characters. The women look so elegant and refined in their silk dresses; and their hair is so beautiful, adorned with those pretty hairpins. The men look so noble with those hats and those robes. If it weren't for the fact that the king and crown prince wore special robes, all the guys could look like kings. 

Joseon was the last dynasty of Korea and its longest-ruling Confucian dynasty. During its reign, Joseon encouraged the entrenchment of Chinese Confucian ideals and doctrines in Korean society. Neo-Confucianism was installed as the new dynasty's state ideology.  Wikipedia
Here is a problem for me that makes it difficult to watch the modern K-dramas. Once I see these men and women in the traditional clothes of the Chosun (or Joseon) era, it's hard to look at then wearing modern clothes in a 20th century drama or comedy. They just don't look the same!

Fortunately, in America, there are sites that stream these series so that I can watch them online. I can't afford to pay for the subscription so I have to watch with the advertisements. But I'm OK with that. (Even though it takes forever!)

Here's a TIP. Don't ever pick a series that is fairly new and all the episodes have not been uploaded and translated with the English subtitles. I made that mistake once. Never again!

I got hooked on “The Flower in Prison” (2016). but I did not realize that it was a new series. Oh the agony of waiting for the next episode to become available. But it was worth it!

However, whenever I get ready to watch a Korean drama TV series, I make sure all the episodes are there.

Like I said: Never again!

Original source




No comments:

Post a Comment


About Me

My photo
Work-at-home professional since 2007.

Treathyl Fox aka Cmoneyspinner – Home Business Entrepreneur.  Think. Dream. Focus. Believe in yourself? Hire yourself! Be your own boss! Do it! Self-employed and loving it!   ♦ DISCLOSURE: In compliance with FTC rules and guidelines, be advised that some links shared via this websites might contain affiliate referral links which means commissions might be earned if product sales resulted from your click-through to the vendor’s website.




ENJOY Award-Winning Gourmet and Fruit Salsas - Traverse Bay Farms ~ Made with all natural ingreditents. ~ Rich and full of flavor. Nationally Award Winning Salsa - Traverse Bay Farms

DIDN'T FIND WHAT YOU WERE LOOKING FOR? SEARCH THE ENTIRE WEB