K-drama not streamed in your country? ***Best VPNs to watch Korean TV: NordVPN OR ExpressVPN

Friday, October 14, 2022

Books: Children's Books: Korean Folktales

Reading to children is a wonderful activity for both the child and the reader.  They are saying that coloring books are proving to be an excellent therapeutic activity for senior citizens.  I'm not really into coloring because I spend so much time online blogging,  They should also say that reading books for children is great therapy for adults as well.  This I know for a fact!  Children's books are usually very quick reads and provide me with a delightful escape.  They have tremendous therapeutic value.  

A specific genre that I enjoy reading is folktales from different countries.  I discovered folktales because when I first decided to work from home, one of the work-at-home ideas suggested was translating folktales.  I did not pursue this endeavor but I did find that our local public library had a treasure trove of folktales in the children's literature section.  I could suggest several; however, for this blog post, I'll only suggest one. Tales of a Korean Grandmother: 32 Traditional Tales from Korea



There is a description on Amazon that described this book better than any words I could come up with.

"This multicultural children's book presents classic Korean fairy tales and other folk stories—providing a delightful look into a rich literary culture."  

Tales of a Korean Grandmother: 32 Traditional Tales from Korea


Enough said. Need a diversion from the arduous grind of your daily work? Read a children's book. Pick a folktale.  Do you have a favorite folktale?

No comments:

Post a Comment


About Me

My photo
Work-at-home professional since 2007.

Treathyl Fox aka Cmoneyspinner – Home Business Entrepreneur.  Think. Dream. Focus. Believe in yourself? Hire yourself! Be your own boss! Do it! Self-employed and loving it!   ♦ DISCLOSURE: In compliance with FTC rules and guidelines, be advised that some links shared via this websites might contain affiliate referral links which means commissions might be earned if product sales resulted from your click-through to the vendor’s website.




ENJOY Award-Winning Gourmet and Fruit Salsas - Traverse Bay Farms ~ Made with all natural ingreditents. ~ Rich and full of flavor. Nationally Award Winning Salsa - Traverse Bay Farms

DIDN'T FIND WHAT YOU WERE LOOKING FOR? SEARCH THE ENTIRE WEB