K-drama not streamed in your country? ***Best VPNs to watch Korean TV: NordVPN OR ExpressVPN

Saturday, April 10, 2021

Three (3) Vintage Classic Movies That Created Wonderful Childhood Memories

I was born in the 1950s. That means that I am from the first generation that got to experience television in the home. What a marvelous invention! I know my late mother never intended for the TV set to become her babysitter but my sister, my brothers and I spent hours in front of the television. There were so many wonderful programs to watch that educated and entertained us. I especially loved to watch movies with my big sister. The movies back in my day were memorable and made a lasting impression on my young developing mind. Below are three (3) films from my childhood that created indelible memories.


Heidi (1937) ~ This is a classic children's story written by Swiss author, Johanna Louise Spyri, adapted to film. Famous child star Shirley Temple played Heidi, the little orphan girl who was taken to live with her grandfather. After she and her grandfather had bonded and become close, she is tricked into leaving “the grandfather” and sold to be a servant in a wealthy man's household. If I tell you more and you have not seen the movie, that would spoil everything. So I'll stop right here.


The Wizard of Oz (1939) ~ I loved this movie!! It was a musical but everything about it was magical. The Yellow Brick Road, the Wizard, the Munchkins, the Wicked Witch, Glenda the Good Witch, the ruby red shoes that Dorothy wore, and that song she said that melted everybody's heart: “Somewhere Over the Rainbow”. Judy Garland was cast as Dorothy. Yes, it was also based on a book. L. Frank Baum's 1900 children's fantasy novel titled “The Wonderful Wizard of Oz”.



glitter-graphics.com

National Velvet (1944) ~ This is a film about a horse race. Not just any race. England's Grand National Sweepstakes horse race. There is a young girl who has a dream that she can win. It is based on a story by Enid Bagnold. Famous child star Elizabeth Taylor played the role of Velvet Brown. Did she win the race? You'll have to watch the movie.


Do you have any favorite childhood movies?





Original Source



No comments:

Post a Comment


About Me

My photo
Work-at-home professional since 2007.

Treathyl Fox aka Cmoneyspinner – Home Business Entrepreneur.  Think. Dream. Focus. Believe in yourself? Hire yourself! Be your own boss! Do it! Self-employed and loving it!   ♦ DISCLOSURE: In compliance with FTC rules and guidelines, be advised that some links shared via this websites might contain affiliate referral links which means commissions might be earned if product sales resulted from your click-through to the vendor’s website.




ENJOY Award-Winning Gourmet and Fruit Salsas - Traverse Bay Farms ~ Made with all natural ingreditents. ~ Rich and full of flavor. Nationally Award Winning Salsa - Traverse Bay Farms

DIDN'T FIND WHAT YOU WERE LOOKING FOR? SEARCH THE ENTIRE WEB